“John Blease is an established London-based musician who plays in many different bands, spanning many genres.”
Here are some of the fantastic artists John has been fortunate to record or tour with in recent years :
- PAOLO NUTINI – international touring
- GOLDFRAPP – international touring
- PETE TONG – “Ibiza Classics” recording and tours, UK No. 1 album
- GOLDIE – live shows and recording
- GHOSTPOET – international touring and recording
- JAMIE CULLUM – international touring and recording
- TIM MINCHIN – UK Orchestral tour, BBC Proms and DVD
- BEN FOLDS – UK Orchestral shows
- NEWTON FAULKNER – world tour/Jay Leno
- OLLY MURS – recorded on debut album, reaching UK No.1
- HERITAGE ORCHESTRA – many projects recording or performing with acts such as Anthony & The Johnsons, The Streets, Scott Walker, Massive Attack, Stan Sulzmann, Amon Tobin and Airto Moreira plus plenty others.
Other work includes Ellie Goulding, Alison Balsom, Skepta, Chaz Jankel, Beardyman, Michael Bolton, Corinne Bailey Rae, Mose Allison, Lizz Wright, Birdy, Labrinth, BBC Big Band, Will Young, Georgie Fame, Wretch 32, Jane Birkin, Royal Shakespeare Company, UNKLE, Metropole Orchestra, Brass Mask, Tommy Smith, Colin Towns, Lethal Bizzle, Wilkinson, Joe Stilgoe, Birmingham Royal Ballet, Stormzy, Hue & Cry, Clare Teal, Plaid, Gilad Atzmon and Bette Midler to name a few, plus playing on many TV/film and library sessions.
In 2014, John was also awarded an ARAM from his old music school, the Royal Academy of Music.