“John Blease is an established London-based musician who plays in many different bands, spanning many genres.”
Here are some of the fantastic artists John has been fortunate to record or tour with in recent years :
- ROBERT PLANT – international touring
- SEAL – international touring
- PAOLO NUTINI – international touring and recording
- GOLDFRAPP – international touring
- PETE TONG – “Ibiza Classics” recording and tours, UK No. 1 album
- GOLDIE – live shows and recording
- GHOSTPOET – international touring and recording
- JAMIE CULLUM – international touring and recording
- TIM MINCHIN – UK Orchestral tour, BBC Proms and DVD
- BEN FOLDS – UK Orchestral shows
- NEWTON FAULKNER – world tour/Jay Leno
- OLLY MURS – recorded on debut album, reaching UK No.1
- HERITAGE ORCHESTRA – recording/performing with acts such as Anthony & The Johnsons, Giorgio Moroder, The Streets, Scott Walker, Massive Attack, Stan Sulzmann, Amon Tobin and Airto Moreira plus many others.
Other work includes Skepta, Chaz Jankel, Sheryl Crow, Beardyman, Michael Bolton, Ellie Goulding, Corinne Bailey Rae, Mose Allison, Lizz Wright, Birdy, Labrinth, BBC Big Band, Will Young, Georgie Fame, Wretch 32, Jane Birkin, Royal Shakespeare Company, UNKLE, Metropole Orchestra, Brass Mask, Tommy Smith, Colin Towns, Lethal Bizzle, Wilkinson, Joe Stilgoe, Birmingham Royal Ballet, Stormzy, Hue & Cry, Clare Teal, Plaid, Alison Balsom, Gilad Atzmon and Bette Midler to name a few, plus playing on many TV/film and library sessions.
In 2014, John was also awarded an ARAM from his old music school, the Royal Academy of Music.